SEO For Blogs Visibility
Increase your blog's visibility with blog SEO to win the #1 spot on google. Everyone wants that #1 spot on the search engine to get the most clicks, traffic, and potential profit. What if your blog could grab that #1 spot? To get that spot, you need to stay consistent, optimized, and, more importantly, engaging.
A problem with small businesses is that they use their blog as another avenue to advertise or write great information but in a very dull way. Instead of thinking internally, "I want to get as much business directed to my website I'll use my blog strictly to advertise my product or service" switch it to asking external questions like "What would get my clients to read this" or "What type of questions can I answer to address my client's concerns."
Did you know: The number 1 reason blogs fail is because people give up. They stop posting content or post content but content that's repetitive (Google penalizes you for repetitive content) or writes content advertising the business instead of content that your clients will want to read.
Have you heard of Inbound Marketing? In a nutshell, Inbound Marketing is a form of advertising that offers your clients great information that gets them to take action without directly advertising your product or service. You educate your clients with the information giving them the power to make a choice but guiding them in the direction you want them to go.
Search Engine Optimization Keywords For Blogs
1. Include your main keyword: your blog should have an HTML <h1> tag on the main page. See the highlighted section below. With an emphasis on the end, "marketing-blog." Remember, to make it relevant to your business.
2. Include different keywords per blog post: the keyword for this blog post is "SEO" therefore, that keyword should be included in the <title> tag and the URL for this blog post.
3.Include your main keyword in the first sentence. See the below keyword highlighted in yellow.
4. Don't forget about your "Tag" keywords: Only apply the necessary tags that you want the search engine to rank your blog post on.
5. Anchor Text keywords: include keywords in your anchor text for links.
Example: If I add an internal link, digital marketing agency notice "digital marketing agency" is highlighted. Anchor text needs to include a keyword. In this example, the search term "Thrive Social Solution" will be re-directed to the homepage if you click it.
6. <alt> tags, captions, and descriptions: apply search terms for images and media.
<alt> tags: the text you see when you hover over the blog photo with your mouse.
Captions: the "photo credit" creator is underneath the blog photo.
Descriptions: appears on your blog feed and is the text that attracts readers to click on your blog post.
Highlighted in yellow is where you would add your keyword for <alt> text and caption. This area is found in "settings" after adding the photo and clicking on the photo.